Pages

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Squash and Potato Frittata with Roasted Potatoes

After a long busy day at work, I came home unmotivated to cook. I had a recipe I wanted to follow tonight but just didn't feel up to it. So I peeked inside my fridge just for a minute - found some cabbage, zucchini, eggs, tomatoes, and lots of fruits, plus more. Somehow, though, I mustered up the will to improvise and throw together a rather delicious meal with what I had on hand - zucchini, potatoes, eggs, and some herbs.

Here's another frittata recipe - this time with no cheese - I added some milk to this for some extra fluffiness. Also I roasted some diced potatoes and remaining cauliflower florets in some olive oil and rosemary while the frittata was cooking over the stovetop. Dinner on the table in less than 1 hour!

zucchini potato frittata

Zucchini Potato Frittata with Roasted Vegetables

Squash & Potato Frittata

1-2 small squash (approx 2 cups), thinly sliced summer squash (I used zucchini)
1 1/2 cups of potatoes, diced
6 large eggs
1/2 cup of milk - I used soy milk
1 tsp thyme
1 tsp basil
1 tsp salt
pepper to taste
a splash of soy sauce
1 tablespoon of oil
  1. In a small mixing bowl, mix the eggs, milk, thyme, basil, salt, pepper, and soy sauce.
  2. In a large saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat, and sautee the squash slices and diced potatoes for a few minutes.
  3. Pour in the egg mixture.
  4. Let it cook over low heat for 10-15 minutes or until the eggs are almost completely cooked.
  5. Turn off heat and serve!

Roasted Potatoes

Dice up some potatoes.
In a bowl, drizzle some olive oil, salt, pepper and rosemary for seasoning.
Roast the potatoes in the oven at 450 degrees for 20-25 minutes, or until the outsides of the potatoes have softened and hardened just a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment