Pages

Sunday, July 4, 2010

Summer CSA session just started!

I'm so excited that summer is here (though it doesn't seem like it here in Seattle)! My summer CSA just began. I have begun receiving my weekly food box through Growing Washington's Local Choice Food Box where I have the luxury of choosing from the weekly selection of available vegetables. Below are some of the pictures of the food I have received. They are loaded with nutrients and calling me to be eaten!

Week 1 Food Box
fennel stalk,baby turnips,easter egg radish,red radish,yellow potato,yellow potato,winterbor kale,red romaine lettuce

Week 3 Food Box
2010 Week 3 CSA

Here are some of the dishes I made with these wonderful veggies!

Corn and Fava Bean Risotto
Corn & Fava Bean Risotto

Roasted Beet Salad
Roasted Beets and Sauteed Beet Greens

Easy Lettuce Salad
Easy Lettuce Salad

Curried Pea Soup
Fresh Pea Soup

No comments:

Post a Comment