Pages

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Cashew Cheese

Cashew Cheese

Earlier this year, I had a delicious dinner at Sutra, a vegetarian restaurant in Seattle that specializes in local organic ingredients. In one of their main course dishes, they had used a nut-based cheese for their asparagus crepe filling. It had the consistency of cheese - it was creamy, filling, and best of all it actually tasted like cheese. I couldn't believe it, I didn't realize there was an alternative to dairy cheese. I promised myself I definitely needed to make some cashew cheese one of these days.

One of these days finally arrived. Here's my attempt at making it - you can follow the recipe at Chocolate & Zucchini.

After soaking the cashews in water for 2 hours, I placed the cashews, some water, lemon juice, minced garlic, salt and pepper in a food processor. You can see how it transforms into a puree after just a few minutes.

Photobucket

Mmmm...it's completed pureed.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment