Pages

Monday, July 26, 2010

Spinach Rice Gratin

I open my fridge and it is full of fresh veggies from my csa. It also reminded me of the fresh eggs I purchased from the Redmond farmers markets this past weekend. The eggs came from Sky Valley Farm in Startup, WA, just 40 miles from Seattle. They are truly farm-fresh eggs where the chickens are raised on pastures and are not treated with any antibiotics. Thank you chickens for rounding out my meal!

I typically have some ideas of what I want to cook with the veggies I choose. So tonight, the dish I set out to make is a spinach rice gratin based on this recipe from the 101cookbooks site, using those farm-fresh eggs. It will be enough for dinner as well as leftovers for work the next day. I didn't have any olives on hand, so I added some soy sauce and salt for additional seasoning to the dish before baking it. I used the spinach from my CSA, eggs, organic brown rice, and some cashew cheese.

You can follow the recipe here.

Spinach Rice Gratin

No comments:

Post a Comment