Pages

Monday, July 19, 2010

A Tale of Two Pizzas

It's been a while since I made pizza at home. Having a craving for homemade pizza, I decided to take a little adventure in making my own pizza dough and topping. After scouring the internet for pizza dough recipes, I finally settled on this recipe from The Fresh Loaf. I was able to make 4 - 12 inch pizza crusts from this recipe. I ended up freezing two and baking two of them that day. The crust was just perfect - gives you just the right amount of crunch. Instead of the 5 cups of all purpose flour the recipe tells you to use, I substituted one of the cups with whole wheat flour.

I also didn't want a typical pizza with cheese and tomato sauce so I found two great recipes to try. They are both healthy, nutritious and quite filling (no cheese). I used the spinach and spring onions from my CSA box, but feel free to top it off with any of your favorite vegetables. Yum!

Tuscan White Bean Pizza
So as you can see below, the entire pizza isn't tuscan white bean. Since I ran out of the cannellini bean mixture, I had to improvise and whipped up some onions and spinach for the remaining 25% of the pizza! :P

combo vegan pizza

Carmelized Onion & Spinach Pizza

carmelized onion spinach pizza

No comments:

Post a Comment