Pages

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Vegetable Fried Rice

veggie fried rice

Fried rice is one of my comfort foods. To make delicious fried rice, you'll need to cook it on high heat, add just the right amount of seasoning, and stir fry it just long enough so the vegetables and rice don't become too mushy. Since my next CSA box is coming soon, I used whatever vegetables I had in my fridge. Here's a quick and easy recipe:

Ingredients:
3 cups cooked rice (I used leftover cooked brown rice)
1-2 cups of carrots, chopped
2-3 cups of green cabbage, shredded
2 cups of celery, chopped
2 cups of spring onions, green and white parts, chopped
2-3 large eggs
3-4 tablespoons of oil

Seasoning:
3 teaspoons soy sauce
2 teaspon fish sauce
dried chili peppers

fried rice ingredients

Directions:

  1. When the pan is extremely hot, pour in the oil and stir in the white part of the spring onion. Stir quickly.
  2. Add the eggs and scramble until almost cooked.
  3. Add all of the vegetables, except the green part of the spring onion, along with the cooked rice. Stir quickly.
  4. Add the soy sauce, fish sauce, and chili peppers.
  5. Stir for 1-2 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment