Pages

Monday, July 12, 2010

Salads Galore!

I didn't intend to make a dinner full of salads but it just happened to come out that way! It was a great way to clear a lot of veggies I had in the frig. Can you say salad buffet? I guess you can call it summer cleaning. It's great for a hot summer evening to cool you off after a warm day out.

Salad Dinner

Here was my dinner - Roasted Beets Salad, Broccoli Mix Salad with dressing, and Lettuce Salad.

The broccoli salad was delicious! The combination of broccoli sprinkled with some gala apples, crisy shallots, and red onions topped with the almond butter-based salad dressing was actually quite filling and flavorful. I didn't have any walnuts on hand (the recipe had called for it) but it was still great. Next time I will definitely need to add it to the mix! Here's the close up of the salad. Yummm! :)

Broccoli Mix Salad

No comments:

Post a Comment