Pages

Sunday, October 10, 2010

CSA Box Week 16

This is my first CSA subscription and it's become a way of life for me. I still go to the supermarket at times, but only to supplement items I am in need of such as peanut butter, grains, beans, and the like. Farmers markets here are winding down as well, except for the Ballard and University District markets that are year round. Winter squash and pumpkins are now in season, and corn and tomatoes are near their end of their growing season. I will definitely miss the corn, peas, and tomatoes. Anyway, on a brighter note, I am glad I signed up for the winter CSA session. Though we will see how the winter season goes as meterologists are forecasting a bitter cold winter - a huge winter like that we experienced in 2008 with inches and inches of snow, and one that we haven't experienced in decades.

Here's my food box from this past week -
Week 16 Box 1 (Oct 3 2010)

I am loving these sweet nectarines and pluots. You just can't find these as sweet and nutritious in traditional supermarkets.
Week 16 Box 2 (Oct 3 2010)

Here are the dishes I made:
Corn and Tomato PizzaSpicy Honey Roasted Potatoes
corn and tomato pizzaspicy honey roasted potatoes
Baingan Bharta Eggplant CurryRoasted Cauliflower
Baingan Bharta Eggplant CurryRoasted Cauliflower
Butternut Squash soupKale Chips
Butternut Squash Soupkale chips

No comments:

Post a Comment