Pages

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Kale Chips

Kale chips are fun to make...they're not only tasty, easy to make, but healthy for you too! There's so many versions you can find online. I ordered one bunch of kale from my CSA box just to make kale chips. I like mine just a bit crunchy and lightly seasoned. The important part is to make sure you dry the leaves (I used a salad spinner) before seasoning them and putting them in the oven. I don't recall the proportions of ingredients I used, but I think the below sums it up pretty well.

kale chips

1 large bunch of kale
1-2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
2-4 tablespoons olive oil
salt to taste

1. Wash the kale.
2. Separate the kale leaves from the stems. You could probably use the stems in vegetable broth or throw them in the compost.
3. Tear the kale leaves in bite size pieces.
4. Dry the kale leaves in the salad spinner or paper towels.
5. Place the dry kale leaves in a coriander and drizzle with olive oil. With your hands or wooden utensil, make sure the kale leaves are thoroughly covered with olive oil.
6. Next, pour the balsamic vineger and mix until thoroughly coated. Season with a sprinkle of salt.
7. Place the kale leaves on a baking sheet on a single layer.
8. Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until just crisp.

No comments:

Post a Comment