Pages

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Beets and Beet Greens Risotto

I love eating beets roasted, but here is another way to enjoy beets. This recipe was taken from Deborah Madison's Vegetarian Cooking for Everyone. It uses both the beets and beet greens, my favorite way of cooking - all parts of the vegetable are used! I love how the color of the beets and its greens bleed into the risotto. I served this with a side of roasted cauliflower and beans.

You can follow the recipe here.

I used bull's blood beets, but any beets will do.

Bull's Blood Beets

Grated beets!


grated beets

Here's the risotto cooking drenched with beets and its beet greens.

cooking risotto

Beets and Beet Greens Risotto with Roasted Cauliflower and Beans. Maybe some meat lovers will find this delicious? :-)

Beets and Beet Greens Risotto

1 comment: