Pages

Monday, August 16, 2010

Vegetarian Enchilada

I’ve been looking for a vegan enchilada recipe that doesn’t compromise on taste and I think I’ve found one pretty close to it. Be forewarned – this dish requires some prep time so give yourself plenty of time. Your efforts will definitely be paid off with some excellent tasting enchiladas. I actually made this on a sweltering hot 95 degree Sunday evening – what was I thinking? My mind got the better of me! You can prep all the veggies the day before (zucchini, tomatoes, corn, onions). The recipe isn’t too involved, but the roasting, stuffing the enchiladas, and baking will take up most of the time.

For the recipe, click here. Makes about 6 servings. You can easily add your own meat to the filling.

Here are the ingredients I used. I actually omitted the chipotle in adobo sauce. I used some mild chili sauce instead of opening a new can. Also, I didn't use any “chik'n strips”, as the recipe calls for, and instead added the sour cream filling from the recipe review.

Enchilada Ingredients




enchilada!

No comments:

Post a Comment